If you find yourself stuck, perhaps it's time to explore the reasons why. With some simple self-exploration you can pinpoint the areas of your life that require change. It may require you to leave your comfort zone, but in the end you'll likely find that it was all worth it!
It's also important for you to build an action plan. If you stay organized and follow a simple plan of action step by step, there will be nothing that can stop you from achieving your goals.
Here are some ideas that can get you on your way to getting unstuck:
- Set Up Accountability. When you hold yourself accountable and keep a close eye on your goals, you'll be better able to identify when you're stuck in a rut. The first step is to really figure out why you're feeling stuck in the first place.
- Set A Time Goal. You're stuck and you'd like to be unstuck, but chances are you've been putting off working toward your goal. You've already decided to make yourself accountable and now it's time to give yourself a time limit - so do it!
- Be Not Afraid. Being afraid of change is one of the biggest reasons why you get stuck in the first place. Perhaps you're feeling trapped in your job and, in order to get the job you'd like, you have to go back to college. You need to get over your fear and see what you need to do to apply. You'll be happy you did when you land your dream job someday.
- Look For Role Models. Find someone who has been through your situation or something similar and see how he or she was able to overcome obstacles. If possible, ask this person questions.
- Change Your Thinking. It's true: your actions first start as thoughts. When you think positive and brave thoughts, you'll be motivated into action!
- Take Time. Remember to take some time for yourself to collect your thoughts. You may discover some insight into how to solve your challenges. Make sure you're completely alone with your thoughts without any distractions.
It's easy to remain in your "stuck" situation because it's familiar and you know what's going to happen. You might even feel safe. However, eventually the dissatisfaction you feel will take over and you'll realize that the only way to get "unstuck" is to take immediate action to change.
Make the Change
Once you choose your timetable, you'll want to break down your changes into small steps. Track your progress and tweak your system to make sure your changes are making a difference.
For example, if you're feeling stuck in a relationship, you'll first evaluate where you think the concern lies. Perhaps you aren't communicating effectively. If so, you can set a timetable of three months to overcome this challenge.
You can then break down the problem into smaller steps by reading a book on communication, talking about it with your partner, or attempting counseling sessions. As you go through these actions, you're constantly keeping a close eye on how it affects your relationship.
In the end you have a firm decision about your relationship's progress and you no longer feel stuck. If you hadn't taken action, it'd be impossible to improve!
Repeat the Process
Once you've applied this system to one aspect of your life, you can use the same strategies whenever you're feeling stuck. Whether large or small, there are always actions you can take to break through barriers!
Tired of feeling overwhelmed and unfocused? Need more specific help with getting unstuck? The Get Ish Done! Accountability Group & Coaching is the answer!